The school takes the safeguarding of children extremely seriously and there are rigid procedures in place.
- Parents, carers and visitors should not try to enter the school by any door other than the front door, even after school as the children leave the building. We have after school clubs and Kids' Collective children on site and have a duty of care to them
- If parents are in school for a meeting or their children are attending a club during the afternoon or evening they should not attempt to enter any other area of school and certainly not classrooms or areas where confidential details my be kept
- Children who are late or who are being collected early must be signed in or out at the school entrance
- Parents, carers and visitors who are on site to collect children at 3.05 or 3.15pm must leave by 3.30pm to enable the gates to be locked prior to the after school clubs starting
- Parent helpers must sign the Parent Code of Conduct and volunteer agreement
- Regular helpers or those supporting residential visits must sign the Staff and regular volunteer agreement, obtain a clear DBS check (please see the school office) and read the school's safeguarding policy together with the DFE document, 'Keeping Children Safe in Education Part 1
- Reception and Y1 children are handed to parents/carers at the classroom doors. Y2 children are brought down to the playground and supervised during collection. Y3-6 leave the building and are told to return to the office if they have not been collected. Parents are requested not to take other people's children from the playground if they have not been collected to help the parents out. Please bring the child to the school office so that we can telephone the parent and agree their wishes.
The Governors' building committee carries out termly health and safety inspections and these are validated by a bi-annual check from the local authority. All sports and outdoor play equipment is checked annually.
Accidents are recorded on the school accident forms with those requiring third party treatment being sent to the Local Authority.
All staff employed by the school have been trained in child protection. The school safeguarding lead is Mrs Hudson and the deputy safeguarding leads are Mrs Brierley and Mrs Moss. The governor leading on safeguarding is the Chair - Mrs. Glenys Lambie.
Staff have also undertaken Prevent and Fire Safety training.