Home Page

Historical Background

Originally founded in 1533 to be “a grammar school for the education of the poor of Bowdon” on a site in Richmond Road, the school was rebuilt in 1670 with further additions in 1806. It was replaced in November 1969 by a new-built school on a green-field site in Grange Road, financed jointly by the Local Education Authority and St Mary’s Parish Church, Bowdon. In September 2015 our brand new, purpose built school opened; catering for a graduated expansion due to the popularity of the school.  

 

Our new building and grounds incorporate everything that you would expect to find in order to deliver a 21st Century curriculum, including:

  • a large hall and an arts hall - opening to become a large assembly, worship or performing space
  • a food technology room
  • a purpose built computing suite and library
  • a science and design technology room
  • group rooms
  • 21 well equipped class rooms
  • dedicated outdoor/indoor learning and play space for Reception
  • 2 Multi-Use Games Areas
  • Large outdoor learning space: including a pond and a wildlife/wildflower garden
  • a reflective area
  • play areas