Growing Faith Ethos Group
What is Faith?
The bible says:
'Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.' Hebrews 11:1
At Bowdon Church School
Our members were voted by their peers based on the following criteria:
- They are happy to speak out in public to a range of audiences
- They are fair and listen to the views of all
- They want to develop and deepen their relationship with God
- They can ask the BIG questions about Christianity
- They want to develop our faith as a school
We are a team of 15, including a representative from each class in years 2-6.
Our focus points for this year are:
- encouraging open discussion about faith (including no faith and faiths other than Christianity) and asking big and difficult questions
- making prayer an easy thing to do and a part of everyday life (if wished)
- demonstrating our faith through action, such as helping, campaigning and showing love
- involvement in the Church of England National Younger Leaders initiative
- having fun!
We have suggestion boxes in each classroom, we have our own Google Classroom for sharing ideas and discussing issues, and we meet formally at least twice a half term.
Contact the Growing Faith team
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions please contact us using the form below.