Spring Term Blog
We've found a really good way of understanding the properties of 3D shapes
British Science Week 6th-15th March
Thursday - Diverse taste buds- What kind of taster are you?
Please rest assured that this experiment was very controlled and there was no cross contamination.
Wednesday - Lava Lamps
Monday - Diverse People - Is everyone's body the same?
Friday 6th March - Starting British Science Week
World Book Day 2020
We have had another wonderful World Book Day!
Year 5 children came to read to us.
It was delightfully noisy!
To find out what we have been learning recently, ask us...
- tell you what chronological means
- tell you which 2 types of genre we have been writing recently (hint: non chron reports/diary entries)
- to tell you what units we measure length in
- to tell you what a polygon is
- to tell you what vertices are
- to tell you what hospitals were like 150 years ago
- to tell you 2 significant people who helped to change hospitals
- to name some 'everyday' materials and their uses
History - Ordering Florence Nightingale's Timeline
Ask your child to tell you all about Florence Nightingale's or Mary Seacole's life. It's fascinating!
A very big well done to all of the children in 2O for your wonderful class assembly! You should all be very proud of yourselves for speaking so confidently and clearly!
Y2 have had a great day supporting NSPCC whilst dressed as Rock Stars!
Well Done 2C! You were amazing in our class assembly!
You looked great and spoke clearly!
I am very proud of you!
2C Class Assembly - Creation
To find out what we have been learning, since returning to school, ask us...
- to tell you what the School's Golden Values are
- to use pictures/arrays to group (multiply) items/numbers together
- to use pictures to divide (share) items/numbers
- to tell you when a capital letter is needed
- to name some punctuation marks and what they mean
- to tell you what; nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs are
- to talk about rhythm of the music
- to tell you that plants aren't just flowers
- to name the 7 continents
- to name at least 5 African countries
Times Tables Rock Stars
This week your child should have come home with their TT Rock Stars username and password. We love it and I'm sure your children will too! Please encourage/support them to play on it regularly as it really helps them to become more fluent and accurate at learning the times tables.
We started our new Science topic - Plants. We started by observing and sketching trees
Happy New Year!
Thank you for our generous cards and gifts,
we hope you all have a lovely break over Christmas.
The children have already made a great start to this term especially in terms of following our Golden Values; Being Ready, Respectful, Kind and Safe.
Y2P Mother's Day Assembly
Some unofficial homework
During the holidays it would be really helpful if the children could practise;
- times tables facts for 2s, 3s, 5s and 10s (and 4s as this would help with fractions of numbers)
- learn off by heart double and halves of 2 digit numbers
- learn off by heart number bonds to 10, 20 &100
- practise methods for answering calculations (refer to most recent homework)
Have a lovely Easter!
Crazy Hair for Red Nose Day!
The theme for this year's British Science week is 'journey's', encouraging young people to think about the different scientific journeys that happen everyday and how they can discover science through their own lives and experiences. It is also a chance for young people to consider how journeys can help us experience more of the world around us.
In Year 2 we chose the following activities;
Journey's on Earth and Beyond
Make it Fly and Sneeze Zone
Matilda's Floating Feat
Journey's through Nature
Pollution Sollution and Under your feet and Nature Walk Diary
We've been very busy as you can see below!
Matilda's Floating Feat
Make it Fly
World Book Day- We enjoyed the Year 5s reading to us!
Science - Changes in State
Kung Hei Fat Choy
We have had a lovely art afternoon creating Chinese fans whilst listening to calming Chinese instrumental music.
Kung Hei Fat Choy
Mr Hamblett day
This morning we've had a great time hunting for natural and man made materials under the snow. We have also observed snow carefully and made snowflakes from paper. But the best was yet to come; In the afternoon we toasted marshmallows on the fire pit!