Weekly school menus are on a rotation of three weeks.
Trafford provide a suggested menu and our wonderful Kitchen Supervisor makes some adaptations for our children, based on feedback from school council.
Menus are reviewed each term and may be affected by supplies not being available, but every effort is made to give suitable alternatives. The kitchen staff work very hard to provide tasty, healthy meals that children enjoy. Please inform the school office of any diagnosed allergies or food intolerances.
If you would like to change your child's lunch choice from school dinner to packed lunch or vice versa, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes are made on Mondays and the office will need a minimum of a week's notice.
Food permitted in school
Universal Infant Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for universal infant free school meals. Although your child will automatically receive free meals, please register with the local authority if your are eligible under the criteria for older pupils. This registration brings funding into school called Pupil Premium. Each child in receipt of Pupil Premium will be allocated £100 towards the costs of school trips and uniform.
Pupil Premium and Free School Meals
If your child is eligible for ‘free school meals’ and you register them for this, we’ll receive extra funding called ‘pupil premium’. We use this extra money to improve the educational provision and resources at the school.
What is pupil premium funding?
Pupil premium funding from the government is given to schools to help pupils reach their full potential, regardless of their background or financial situation. It’s provided for pupils who:
• Are registered for free school meals
• Have been registered for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
• Are, or have been, in care
• Have parents in the armed forces
Your child may qualify for free school meals if you have any of these incomes:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- the guaranteed part of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as your annual gross income is £16,190 or less and you don’t get Working Tax Credit)
- Working Tax Credit run-off after you come off Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit that you applied for on, or after, 1 April 2018. As long as your household income is less than £7,400 a year after tax, not including any benefits
If you are a Trafford resident please follow this link www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/schools/trafford-catering/free-school-meals.aspx
If you are not a Trafford resident follow this link www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
Queries about School Meals
Please fill in the contact form below if you have a query about school meals. If your request is urgent, please ring the school office 0161 928 8907 Please include your child's name and their class in your message.